THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board of Directors is elected to administer the affairs of the organization and to see to its good functioning.
What is the role of the Board?
- Ensure all necessary actions are taken in the realization of the goals pursued by the organization.
- Adopt new policies and/or modify existing ones.
- See to it that policies of the Centre are carried through.
- Ensure a follow-up of the Centre’s financial affairs.
Who is on the Board?
- Participating members of Expression LaSalle.
- Individuals involved in an organisation dedicated to health, education or social services and whose head office is located in Montreal.
- Residents of Montreal who are interested in the Centre’s objectives.
The Board of Directors is comprised of nine (9) seats:
- Five (5) seats are reserved for participating members.
- Four (4) seats are reserved for partner members.
- The Director of the Centre sits on the Board, but is not eligible to vote.
When and where are the meetings held?
- Approximately 5 meetings are held every 6 weeks between the months of September and June.
- These meetings are held in French at the Centre and last for 2 to 3 hours.
How to become a member of the Board of Directors?
- Election: During the Annual General Assembly an election determines the composition of the Board of Directors. The Assembly is held in the month of June.
- Nomination: If there is a vacant seat during the year, an interested person may be nominated by the Board of Directors for the remainder of the term of office.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS 2018-2019
Co-President – Partner Member: Ms. Catherine Laforce
Co-President – Participating Member: Ms. Diane Lalonde
Secretary: Ms. Johanne Roy
Treasurer: Ms. Claire Langlois
Mr. Ron Gualano
All members of the Expression LaSalle Board of Directors fulfill their duties on a volunteer basis. They receive no attendance fees or any other form of remuneration.